(Photo courtesy of http://blog.mitchcommgroup.com/anna-keagy/eight-tips-for-landing-your-first-full-time-job/)
I and many other people I know have little time for themselves due to school, work, kids, etc. But I've found out a great secret. LUNCH BREAKS. Lunch breaks are magical, especially if you have an hour or so off. It's great because you're still in a productive work environment and not off of the adrenaline of it enough to realize you're tired, so you can get a lot of work done in a short amount of time (although I'm not promising it will be pretty, but it's worth it).
(Photo courtesy of http://www.visualphotos.com/image/2x2716737/anxious_woman_eating_while_working_on_her_computer)
Here's what you do...
- Bring your lunch so you don't waste any time (or money, which is a plus).
- Hole yourself up in a corner in the lunch room or an appropriate quiet eating area.
- Bring your computer, notebook, sketchbook, etc. with whatever supplies you may need (no matter how crazy you look, but the less prep time needed for it, the better).
- Set your alarm (in case you get pulled into whatever you are doing and forget about when you need to get back to work).
- Then eat your lunch and work on that time crunch (the short time allotted actually pumps more work out of you than unlimited amounts of time with no deadline but your procrastinating self).
- If you eat slower while you work, then save the rest of your lunch for a snack when you're hungry later.
(Photo courtesy of http://addelburgh.tumblr.com/image/42489446925)