Thursday, February 13, 2014

Summary Part I

So, for reasons both my own and otherwise, I have decided to move on to a post-college, real life blog. Many things change after graduating college for the first time, and I thought that those changes deserved a new start.

Also, for the record, you might want to know that I'm an artist and a writer who is addicted to every single thing she tries... well, most everything.

My undergrad blog, if you're interested, is below:
                         http://rosered91.blogspot.com/





(photo courtesy of: me)

Also, this blog has a point, I promise. But first, I must share a few things and catch you up.



So where was I...? Oh, right. Changes. I guess I should tell you what those are, or at least, the changes I have gone through personally.

Well, let's start with what I've been doing since graduation.

(photo courtesy of: http://en.hdbuzz.net/115)


Oh, wait. You probably want to know about graduation. I probably shouldn't... nah, I'm proud of my education. Ok. You've twisted my arm. I'll bite.

(photo courtesy of: me)


For the past four years, from the fall of 2009 through the spring of last year, I have attended Savannah College of Art and Design for Sequential Art with double minors in Business and Storyboarding. I rather loved what I was doing and had (and still have) high hopes for the future.



Oh, and then I got engaged to the love of my life (timing expertly chosen to thwart any advance of a French boy... which is, for the record, a stereotype--the French boy ruling all romance-- it could be true, but I should be ashamed of myself for stereotyping). We are happy and in love.


(photo courtesy of: Laura Shephard Photography)
 



I even had an Apprenticeship set up for the summer...and in Paris, no less.


(photo courtesy of: a google search)

The company, Full FX Studio, was a French company of journalists and designers with a magazine (one of many that they worked on) reporting on American comics.

 (photo: by me)

They took a big chance on me to not screw up their way of being and to learn and help put their magazines together (and basically do whatever they needed for help). I thank them so many times for putting up with my struggling french language, and, thankfully, they stayed patient with me. I learned so much being there,


 (photo: by me)

 and from Push It Up too.



(photo: by me)

Those were the best changes. Ones that I enjoyed. But then things got tough.

Stay tuned for Part II, where you will find out the second part of changes AND the POINT of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment